Monday, May 9, 2011

Pie Gods

THhump! Brian fell out of his chair. Cursing under his breath, Brian rolled out of the restaurant and into the free air. Outside Brian was smacked by the taunting aroma of fresh baked pie. The thick streams of scent flowed into his nostrils and rested on his palate, peach and blueberries, yum. Brian sprawled out on the curb and let the stench seep into every square inch of his body. Only somehow it literally seeped into his body. Eyes closed and mouth open, Brian swelled up like a balloon. As Brian opened his eyes he saw an old friend named Mr. Farsk walk out the restaurant. And with the gust created by the swinging door, Brian sailed high into the sky. Up past the rooftops, he could see that the entire town was dark except for the diner. With extraordinary effort Brian aimed his body down towards the diner and began the descent. As the diner grew nearer, Brian could make out a massive crowd surrounding the place. After every second, roars from the crowd grew louder. Then there was an exclamation followed by immediate silence. He had been spotted. A synchronized gasp erupted, and he slipped into the back room with the oven to claim his prize.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The walk to the bus takes forever.
    That lucky drugged up guy lands a few feet away from me in a splatter of blood. So it goes.
    A woman was struck by lightning and burnt to a crisp. God was right; in the end, we can't make a difference.
    That painfully normal lady with the plants crosses over to the fountain.
    Brian still doesn't have any limbs. I still can't remember what Ms. Pigg looks like.
    That guy with the staff stands in the middle of the basketball court, casting spells. What the fuck.
    While I wait for the bus, I contemplate writing a book when I'm not working my 9 to 5. I contemplate living a little. Whatever. All my dreams will come true.
    The bus arrives, and I get on. I'm on my way to an office or a factory or a school. Heather works, but she'd make more money if she were a boy. And if I were smarter, I wouldn't teach. But I'm not as smart as I could be.
    The bus pulls away, and nobody saw, heard from, or cared for Leeroy Jenkins again.

    ReplyDelete